TIPS FOR TOURING AUBURN UNIVERSITY
Hearing the “official tour” first-hand from student recruiters is the best way to get to know Auburn. To schedule an Auburn University campus tour, contact AU’s admissions office for in-person and virtual tour options. Here are our tips for making the most of your visit to Auburn:
- Take advantage of Auburn University’s Admission Office tours. Hearing the “official tour” first-hand from student recruiters is the best way to get to know Auburn. Contact AU’s admissions office for in-person and virtual tours. CoHo Tip: Take the extra time to go on the student housing and recreation center tours they offer. A dorm tour will help you visualize your life at Auburn and the Rec Center is sure to inspire you!
- Can’t get an AU tour or can’t get enough Auburn info? Schedule a complimentary Collegiate Hotel student-led golf cart tour with our amazing student staff. We offer tours 7 days a week (yes, we do tours on weekends!) where we shuttle you around downtown and on campus with the inside scoop on student life. These tours are FREE to hotel guests. To make a tour reservation, call 334-821-2646.
- Eat on or around campus. Auburn’s on-campus eating options feature great chains, local eateries, and food trucks. Downtown Auburn offers a large variety of options from tacos to pancakes to bao. Don’t worry prospective students, you will not be shunned for eating with your parents! Plus, they’re probably the ones buying, so enjoy the free food and company. CoHo Tip: Check out the varying hours for the University’s Edge Dining near the stadium parking deck. It’s an all-you-care-to-eat healthy dining hall open to the public. It may be considered a bit pricey, but it’s worth it!
- Visit downtown Auburn. Stock up on Auburn gear and souvenirs, then satisfy your sweet tooth with popcorn, Toomer’s lemonade, or a beignet. CoHo Tip: If you’re staying at The Collegiate Hotel, we offer guests complimentary golf cart shuttle rides to campus and around town.
- Get your picture with Barkley, Newton, Sullivan, and Bo! It may be just their statues, but it still makes a cool selfie. The football greats Pat Sullivan, Bo Jackson, and Cam Newton’s statues grace the front of the Jordan-Hare stadium and Charles Barkley’s new statue graces the front of the basketball arena.
- Visit the Lovelace Hall of Honor at Neville Arena. Whether your family tree bleeds orange and blue, or you are uncertain (newcomers find it challenging to decipher whether we are the Tigers, Plainsman, or maybe the War Eagles), you can take a quick interactive walk-through Auburn’s athletic history and learn more about the University’s beloved traditions and storied history. CoHo Tip: Our mascot is the Tiger (Aubie), our nickname is the “Plainsmen,” and our battle cry is “War Eagle”. You’ll learn soon!
- Do all the things that make Auburn, Auburn! Auburn fans love Auburn. Come see why!
- Listen to the Samford Clock Tower play our fight song
- Get lemonade at Toomer’s
- Greet people with a warm “War Eagle!”
- Eat at Staks Pancake Kitchen
- Roll Toomer’s corner after an athletic victory!
There is no better way to “try-on” Auburn than by embracing the Tiger spirit.
Visiting Auburn for a college tour? Get off on the right foot with a stay conveniently located across the street from Auburn University at The Collegiate Hotel! The Collegiate Hotel is owned and operated by Auburn alums and no other Auburn hotel will immerse you into the “Auburn Family” like a stay at the CoHo.