Auburn University College Tours
Want to make sure you get the most out of your campus tour? Start by staying seconds from the action at The Collegiate Hotel! No other Auburn hotel will immerse you into the life of an Auburn student like the CoHo does. Be sure to check these items off of your list during your stay:
- Take advantage of Auburn University’s Admission Office tours. Hearing the first-hand scoop from student recruiters is a great way to get to know Auburn.
CoHo Tip: Take the extra time to go to the student housing and recreation center tours. The Rec Center is sure to inspire you!
- Eat on campus. Auburn’s on-campus eating options feature great chains and local eateries. Don’t worry prospective students, you will not be shunned for eating with your parents! Plus, they’re probably the ones buying, so enjoy the free food and company.
CoHo Tip: Check out the varying hours for the University’s Wellness Kitchen near the athletic dorm. It’s an all-you-care-to-eat healthy dining open to the public. It may be considered a bit pricey, but it’s worth it!
- Visit downtown Auburn. Stock up on Auburn gear and souvenirs, then satisfy your sweet tooth with popcorn, lemonade or a favorite popsicle – the best is buttermilk (yes buttermilk!)
CoHo Tip: If you’re staying at The Collegiate Hotel, you are only steps away from the University’s admissions office and downtown. We also offer guests complimentary golf cart shuttle rides to campus and around town.
- Get your picture made with Barkley, Newton, Sullivan, and Bo! It may be just their statues, but it still makes a cool selfie. The football greats Pat Sullivan, Bo Jackson, and Cam Newton’s statues grace the front of the Jordan-Hare stadium and Charles Barkley’s new statue graces the front of the basketball arena.
- Visit the Lovelace Hall of Honor at Auburn Arena. Whether your family tree bleeds orange and blue or you are uncertain, (newcomers find it challenging to decipher whether we are the Tigers, Plainsman, or maybe the War Eagles), you can take a quick interactive walk through Auburn’s athletic history and learn more about the University’s beloved traditions and storied history.
CoHo Tip: Our mascot is the Tiger (Aubie), our nickname is the “Plainsmen,” and our battle cry is “War Eagle”. You’ll learn soon enough!
- Do all the things that make Auburn, Auburn!
- Wear Auburn gear on your campus visit
- Get lemonade at Toomers Corner
- Greet people with a warm “War Eagle!”
- Eat at Niffer’s
- Roll Toomer’s corner after an athletic victory!
There is no better way to “try-on” Auburn than by embracing the Tiger spirit.