CAMP WAR EAGLE 2023 IN AUBURN
Freshman Parents, The Collegiate Hotel is your Camp War Eagle Headquarters!
Welcome to the Auburn family! Camp War Eagle (CWE) is an amazing experience that provides incoming freshmen, parents, family, and friends a unique introduction to the rich history and traditions of Auburn University. It’s Auburn’s one-of-a-kind version of student orientation.
The Collegiate Hotel is located across the street from Auburn’s campus and a short walk (or a free CoHo golf cart shuttle ride) to 2023 Camp War Eagle central – The AU Student Center. The Collegiate Hotel is located in downtown Auburn, which means you can park your car for your stay and enjoy all Auburn has to offer.
After a fact-filled day of tours and CWE sessions, return to luxury accommodations and take in amazing views of Auburn from our rooftop patio, lobby bar, or spacious front porch. The Collegiate Hotel is THE PLACE to mix and mingle with other Camp War Eagle parents.
The Collegiate Hotel is owned and operated by Brian and Kim Wirth, two Auburn alums who also have two students currently at Auburn University. Our remaining staff consists of current students, Auburn graduates, residents, and AU parents. We are all here to show you true Auburn hospitality and make your stay memorable. While you might not have a ton of free time, here are the top things to do in Auburn that will make you feel like a seasoned member of the Auburn family:
- Visit downtown. Walk down College Street and take photos in front of iconic Samford Hall, stock up on Auburn gear and souvenirs, and then satisfy your sweet tooth with popcorn or a Toomer’s lemonade!
- CoHo Tip: We also offer guests complimentary golf cart shuttle rides to campus and around town.
- Get your picture made with Barkley, Newton, Sullivan, and Bo! O.K. it’s just their statues, but it still makes a cool selfie. The football greats: Pat Sullivan, Bo Jackson and Cam Newton’s statues dot the front of the Jordan-Hare football stadium. Charles Barkley’s statue is also a must see in front of the Auburn basketball arena.
- Visit the Lovelace Hall of Honor at Neville Arena. While you’re at the basketball arena hanging with Sir Charles, visit the Lovelace Hall of Honor. Whether your family tree bleeds orange and blue or your uncertain if we are the Tigers, Plainsman or maybe the War Eagles, you can take a quick interactive walk-through of Auburn’s athletic history and learn more about the University’s beloved traditions and storied history.
- CoHo Tip: Our mascot is the Tiger (Aubie), our nickname is the “Plainsman”, and our battle cry is War Eagle!
Say “War Eagle” every chance you get! “War Eagle” is Auburn’s version of Aloha. It’s appropriate for hello, goodbye or just because. Auburn people love Auburn, so embrace that Tiger spirit!