Congrats! You are embarking on one of best parts of the college application process–College Visits. As you try to find the right fit academically and socially, we compiled some to make the most of your visit. Check out our Collegiate Hotel College Visit checklist and insider CoHo tip:
Keep scrolling for additional tips on how to make the most of your college tour during COVID.
- Talk to the Experts–Take advantage of Auburn University’s Admission Office tours and hear the first-hand scoop from current students. They will candidly share things they love about Auburn and lessons learned. Come prepared with questions to ask. CoHo Tip: Take the extra time to go to the student housing and recreation center tours. Seeing an actual dorm room is helpful and the Rec Center will impress the fit and inspire even the most sloth-like!
- Dress Comfortably—Auburn is a lovely laid back, walking campus, so dress comfortably and you will blend in with the official student uniform of t-shirts and comfy shorts. If your visiting in May through October it can get hot, so check the weather and pack extra water. CoHo Tip: If you’re staying at The Collegiate Hotel you are only steps away from the University’s admissions office and downtown. We also offer guests complimentary golf cart shuttle rides to campus and around town.
- Venture Out on Your Own– Take advantage of admissions but also take an unofficial tour by wandering around campus. Check out Auburn’s numerous on-campus dining options that feature all the chains plus local eateries. Prospective students will not be shunned for eating with your parents– plus they are buying, so enjoy the free food and company. CoHo Tip: Check out the varying hours for the University’s Wellness Kitchen near the athletic dorm. It’s all-you-care-to-eat healthy dining open to the public. A bit pricey but worth it!
- Visit downtown Auburn. Stock up on Auburn gear, shop the latest styles and then satisfy your sweet tooth with popcorn, donuts, lemonade or a favorite popsicle—the CoHo staff favorite is buttermilk (yes buttermilk! It taste like cheesecake)
- Do all the things that make Auburn, Auburn! Auburn people love Auburn. We wear the school colors and logos religiously and avoid red at all cost. Immerse yourself in fun Auburn traditions; Get lemonade at Toomer’s Drugs; Greet people with a warm War Eagle; Eat at Niffer’s; Roll Toomer’s corner if your in town for an athletic victory! There is no better way to “try-on” Auburn than by embracing the Tiger spirit.
Auburn University College Tour Tips during COVID – Virtual, In-person or BOTH!
According to a recent American Freshman Survey, 52% of students indicated a campus visit was a “very important” factor in choosing their school. Auburn University College Tours during COVID are different, but they can still happen. Here are 5 tips for how prospective students can get the most out of an Auburn University (virtual or in-person) college tour.
- Take Auburn University’s Virtual Campus Tour– Auburn University’s Admissions Office has done an amazing job creating a virtual walk-through of campus. Click on this Auburn University Virtual Tour link for a simple campus map and for dozens of videos that showcase academic colleges, student resources, residence halls, administrative offices and points of interest. The HD Panoramic views allow you to step through your screen into a virtual walk of the loveliest village on the plains.
- Follow Auburn University’s Official Social Media Accounts– Stay engaged and up-to-date on all things Auburn University by following the official AU Instagram and Facebook pages. While @Auburnu is a good place to start, don’t stop there! From Auburn Basketball to AUinvolve and even the Auburn Bee Lab, almost every academic department, club or sports program has individual pages to show what campus life is really like!
- Download the Auburn App– By downloading the “Auburn App” found in the App Store on your smart device, you can find Auburn University’s academic + events calendars, a full-campus map and dining information. Auburn University also offers additional applications that cater to game day, parking services, transit systems, etc.
- Travel to Auburn, Alabama and take a self-guided tour of campus— Experience all that Auburn University and the community has to offer by visiting in-person. With open spaces, it is easy to social distance downtown and on campus. The Collegiate Hotel is located in downtown Auburn across the street from Auburn’s campus and offers discounted weekday rates and detailed campus maps to customize your walking tour of Auburn University. After your tour, shop the stores and restaurants downtown and finish your evening on the Collegiate Hotel’s own rooftop with amazing views of Samford Hall.
- Book a stay at The Collegiate for a FREE golf cart tour of Auburn University– Be our guest and book a room at the Collegiate Hotel and enjoy a free golf cart tour of Auburn University’s campus. Our knowledgeable student valets will deliver informative and personal tours from the Quad to the Hill and all points in between. A golf cart tour of AU is the perfect way to see all of Auburn University’s campus on those sunny southern days. Call 334-821-2646 to book your stay and let the team know you want to add a campus tour for FREE!