Congrats! You are embarking on one of best parts of the college application process–College Visits. As you try to find the right fit academically and socially, we compiled some to make the most of your visit. Check out our Collegiate Hotel College Visit checklist and insider CoHo tip:
- Talk to the Experts–Take advantage of Auburn University’s Admission Office tours and hear the first-hand scoop from current students. They will candidly share things they love about Auburn and lessons learned. Come prepared with questions to ask. CoHo Tip: Take the extra time to go to the student housing and recreation center tours. Seeing an actual dorm room is helpful and the Rec Center will impress the fit and inspire even the most sloth-like!
- Dress Comfortably—Auburn is a lovely laid back, walking campus, so dress comfortably and you will blend in with the official student uniform of t-shirts and comfy shorts. If your visiting in May through October it can get hot, so check the weather and pack extra water. CoHo Tip: If you’re staying at The Collegiate Hotel you are only steps away from the University’s admissions office and downtown. We also offer guests complimentary golf cart shuttle rides to campus and around town.
- Venture Out on Your Own– Take advantage of admissions but also take an unofficial tour by wandering around campus. Check out Auburn’s numerous on-campus dining options that feature all the chains plus local eateries. Prospective students will not be shunned for eating with your parents– plus they are buying, so enjoy the free food and company. CoHo Tip: Check out the varying hours for the University’s Wellness Kitchen near the athletic dorm. It’s all-you-care-to-eat healthy dining open to the public. A bit pricey but worth it!
- Visit downtown Auburn. Stock up on Auburn gear, shop the latest styles and then satisfy your sweet tooth with popcorn, donuts, lemonade or a favorite popsicle—the CoHo staff favorite is buttermilk (yes buttermilk! It taste like cheesecake)
- Do all the things that make Auburn, Auburn! Auburn people love Auburn. We wear the school colors and logos religiously and avoid red at all cost. Immerse yourself in fun Auburn traditions; Get lemonade at Toomer’s Drugs; Greet people with a warm War Eagle; Eat at Niffer’s; Roll Toomer’s corner if your in town for an athletic victory! There is no better way to “try-on” Auburn than by embracing the Tiger spirit.
Recap your day’s adventures at Auburn’s historic Collegiate Hotel. Open to the public, our amazing Auburn art, views from our rooftop patio or front porch and friendly, student staff just might help you seal the deal. See you soon and War Eagle!